Ozone is Critical in Flood Remediation

When a building floods, the waters often bring unintended consequences, including bacteria and problem odors.  Additionally, the moist environment supports the growth of dangerous mold and mold spores.  Using a SanusAer High Output Ozone Generator is a cheap and effective tool for killing mold and damaging mold spores so they do not reproduce. Additionally Ozone is very effective at odor control and disinfection.  That's why it is important to treat the area before clean up to ensure that the area is safer for the remediation process; then once again as a final step, to disinfect and deodorize the area.  All disaster and restoration companies use ozone for flood remediation.

When there is a flood, the growth of mold and mildew is inevitable.  That's why it is important that the space be dried out completely, to keep the spores from colonizing and growing.  Most people are sensitive to the mycotoxins (fungal toxins) these molds produce and to some, these allergens are toxic!  If left unchecked, mold growth can create a significant disaster.  SanusAer® high output ozone generators will kill the mold and eliminate its odors at the source.

Problem: Moisture promotes mold growth, and can lead to large areas of contamination.  Sometimes the only evidence of mold growth is the odor and the health symptoms of the occupants, which can range from minor irritation to more complicated immune responses and even death.  Utilizing standard cleaning chemicals and methods alone will not effectively eliminate the problem.  A more broad based approach is required, especially due to the airborne spores.       

Solution:  Ozone is a very strong oxidant/disinfectant, and because it is a gas, can be effectively used to treat homes, offices, and buildings contaminated by mold.  It has been used commercially for a number of years by remediation and restoration firms.  The efficacy of ozone as opposed  to other cleaning methods, relates to the fact that ozone is a gas, and can travel anywhere air currents take it, treating all the surfaces and the air in a given space.

Note:  Ozone shock treatments will destroy mold and mildew, effectively killing the microorganisms responsible; however, there are two factors that must be considered:  (1) Mold or mildew depends upon water / moisture to grow and proliferate.  Identifying and eliminating the source of this moisture will ensure that the problem doesn't reoccur.  (2) Some allergens will survive the destruction of the cell by ozone, so it is very important to physically clean / remove the dead mold when it is exposed / visible.

Whenever working around mold, before or after the shock treatment with ozone, personal protective equipment is always required.

Always read the SanusAer® manual before operating the unit, and reference the specific treatment recommendations  provided.  This unit can be dangerous if not used properly.