Mold and Mildew Odor Removal

Removing mold and mildew odor is easy using our line of SanusAer High Output Ozone Generators because they kill the mold and damage the mold spores so they do not reproduce. Additionally, Ozone is very effective at odor control and disinfection.  A single treatment is highly effective, whether you’re dealing with a full-blown mold contamination or a "hidden" odor problem.

Eliminating dangerous mold and mould spores is now possible with high output SanusAer Ozone Generators, whether a full-blown de-contamination or a "hidden" problem.

SanusAer High Output Ozone Generators will destroy mold and mildew odors at their source by oxidizing the microorganisms responsible.

When mold or mildew odors are detected, there is mold present somewhere, whether visible or not.  Many people are sensitive to the mycotoxins (fungal toxins) these molds produce and to some, these allergens are toxic!  Of course, there are many situations that actually promote mold growth: Wet Basements, Hurricane Damage, Tropical Storm Damage, Flood Damage, Fire Damage, Water Damage, Damp Crawl Spaces, Water Main Break, Bursting Pipes, Water Leaks, Tornado Damage, Tsunami Damage, 100 Year Flood Damage, Perfect Storm Damage, and Catastrophic Storms.  Sometimes these create severe incidents that can be very dangerous, but always mold removal or mould remediation is required.  SanusAer® high output ozone generators will eliminate mold and its odors at the source by destroying the microorganisms behind them. 

Problem: Mold finds its way into homes, offices, and buildings by means of spores, that are carried by ambient air. These spores lodge in inconspicuous places, hidden from site, but then proliferate in the presence of high relative humidity, leading to large areas of mold growth that can contaminate the area.  Most often, the only evidence of the problem is the mold odor, and the symptoms experienced by the people that occupy the space:

Solution:  Ozone is a very strong oxidant/disinfectant, and because it is a gas, can be effectively used to treat homes, offices, and buildings contaminated by mold.  It has been used commercially for a number of years by mediation and restoration firms.  The efficacy of ozone as opposed  to other cleaning methods, relates to the fact ozone is a gas, and can travel anywhere air currents take it, treating all the surfaces in a space.

Note:  Ozone shock treatments will destroy mold and mildew, effectively killing the microorganisms responsible; however, there are two factors that must be considered:  (1) Mold or mildew depends upon water / moisture to grow and proliferate.  Identifying and eliminating the source of this moisture will ensure that the problem doesn't reoccur.  (2) Some allergens will survive the destruction of the cell by ozone, so it is very important to physically clean / remove the dead mold when it is exposed / visible.

Whenever working around mold, before or after the shock treatment with ozone, personal protective equipment is always required.

Always read the SanusAer® manual before operating the unit, and reference the specific treatment recommendations provided.  This unit can be dangerous if not used properly.