How to Use Ozone Safely
Important Ozone Generator Safety Guidelines:
- For use in UNOCCUPIED and SECURED space, NO People, NO Pets and NO Plants.
- For use by adults only. Never allow children to operate the ozone generator.
- Over-exposure to ozone can cause mucous membrane and respiratory irritation.
- Those with asthma or other upper respiratory illnesses, will be more sensitive to ozone.
- For added safety, we recommend all users wear a carbon filter, chemical vapor respirator mask. (P95/N95 or greater rating) while entering / exiting the treatment area.
Recommended For Added Safety:
- Ozone Generator must be off for 3 - 4 hours before re-entry into treatment area. If there is still a strong sanitizing smell upon re-entry, check the unit to ensure that it is off and ventilate the area until the ozone gas is gone.
- Never operate the ozone machine near water or around flammable liquids. Because the generator uses an electrical spark to create ozone, it should not be used around explosive gases or flammable objects.
- Never service the ozone generator yourself, except to clean or replace the Ozone Transformer Plate Pak(s). Doing so, may void the warranty.
- Although safe for use around food and electronics, remove all treasured art work or valuables from the treatment area (e.g. oil paintings). If exposed for long periods of time, natural rubber will degrade.
- Recommend posting signage during treatments to warn individuals to not enter.
- Odor can be an indicator of the level of pollutants in an area.
- Identifying and eliminating the source of the problem is necessary before treatment, or the problem, can re-occur:
- Identify and eliminate the source of moisture in mold / mildew situations. Install a moisture barrier or a dehumidifier when applicable.
- Identify and eliminate the source of the VOCs causing an odor.
- Identify and remove decomposing organic material.
- Repeat ozone machine treatments may be necessary to fully address an issue.